Sunday, April 17, 2016

Poppies dreams


Poppies dreams

Seconds before I close my eyes, I see yours
My heart sings, my mind forbids the melody
I breathe deeply, banishing you to a mere memory
I’m tired of fate, its rich stores behind closed doors
Teasing me with hopeful occasional gleams.

I sigh, turn and return, then halt

I let my body be engulfed deeply by soft sheets
Powerless against Morpheus and his asinine treats
Intoxicating illusions of a world without reason
Where your smiles lead to passion and oblivion
A devastating drug called my hell, my dreams

I sigh, turn and return, then I realize

Soon the veil will be lifted, I’m ready to let you go
Without fire, your lukewarm arms are fruitless, heavy
Always, of our bond i will be fond, as well as of my fantasy
But Eos is finally calling, time for new sunrises to glow
I’m free to fly away, to enjoy life until the sun's last beams

Lucie
A5 Painting
Ink, Watercolor, Acrylic 


No comments:

Post a Comment