Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Red roses





"The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses."
Ovid

Red Roses
Not what I'm usually drawing. It's even the first time I've tried flowers.
It seems that watercolor makes me want to explore new things. I've wanted to play with the colors, the light. Still need to add a background. Probably some soft pink to be really finished but I'm already happy with the result.

I need to learn more about the shadows with watercolor. They are too dark or too light regarding what I'm trying to come up with. Of course, since I'm used to draw in black and white with pen. The lighting more complicated when you have to add color. That's why I like this new medium. I can explore and find what suits me or not.

It's not the first time, i've noticed watercolor is helping me to let go. It gives me a freedom and I like this feeling a lot. It also helps me to come up with pictures on my own.

Will definitely try flowers again and work on putting more dimension into them. They are too flat even if I've add some shadows.
Can't wait to try a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment